Your organization must register with the Yale College Dean’s Office if your group
- conducts meetings periodically,
- sponsors activities on the campus of Yale University,
- provides a service, or
- raises funds within the University for charitable purposes.
Not sure if you should register? For more on the privileges of registration, click here.
Registration is an annual requirement and returning organizations are required to renew their registration annually. Once approved, an organization’s registration remains valid until the following academic year.
Re-Registering an Existing Organization
Organizations that were officially registered in the 2016-2017 Academic Year and will continue to be active in the 2017-2018 Academic Year must re-register between August 1, 2017 and September 15, 2017.
Organizations will re-register via our new organization management platform, Yale Connect.
Questions? Contact your Student Organizations Consultant and/or email email@example.com.
Registering a New Organization
Undergraduates may register new organizations for the 2017-2018 Academic Year between August 1, 2017 and September 15, 2017.
The application to register will be available via Yale Connect. Starting August 1, 2017, you may click “Register New Organization” under the “Organizations” tab and choose Yale College.
Please note: If you do not choose “Yale College,” your registration will not be seen by the correct office and your group may not be approved on time.
To help new student organizations establish a foundation and ensure all your questions are answered, we have launched a required onboarding process. Once you register, we will be in touch to get your Onboarding Process started. To read more about this process, click here.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an online application
- Have one officer attend a mandatory training once during the academic year
- Maintain regular contact with their assigned Student Organizations Consultant
- Inform the Yale College Dean’s Office of the organization’s activities at least two times each academic year