Spaces in the residential colleges are controlled by the Head of College of each respective college in accordance with policies set forth by the Council of the Heads of College. Student organizations must receive written permission from the Residential College Head of College, or his/her designee, in order to use any space within his/her respective residential college. A list of spaces in the residential colleges may be found here.
Classroom buildings are under the control of the Office of the Registrar (Faculty of Arts & Sciences). Since there is a heavy demand on University facilities, requests should be submitted as soon as possible and, in any case, at least two weeks in advance of the event.
By booking a room through 25Live, you are agreeing to the Building Use Guide.
- Woolsey Hall
- Battell Chapel - Remember that Battell Chapel is primarily a sacred space. Events held in Battell must be respectful of its primary function.
- Information on reserving performance and rehearsal spaces may be found here. Contact Undergraduate Production staff with questions.
The Schwarzman Center and The Presidents’ Room
The Presidents’ Room and the Schwarzman Center reservations are to be made through Yale Catering. Use of the Schwarzman Center and the Presidents’ Room is only allowed for events with catered food service. To guarantee your reservation of these spaces, a non-refundable deposit is required, which will be applied toward your final bill. The rate to secure your reservation for the Schwarzman Center is $800.00. The rate to secure your reservation in the President’s Room is $180.00.
Room Use Fees
- A fee of $1,600.00 is charged for the use of the Schwartzman Center
- A fee of $360.00 is charged for the use of the Presidents’ Room
Contact Maureen O’Donnell at 203-432-0752 for reservations.
Sterling Memorial Library
Payne Whitney Gymnasium & Other Athletic Facilities
Outdoor University Spaces
Permission for use of outdoor spaces must be obtained at least twenty-four hours in advance of a weekday event and forty-eight hours in advance of a weekend event.
- Library Walk (between Jonathan Edwards and Branford)
- Crescent between Morse and Ezra Stiles Colleges
- Swing Space Court Yard
- Grassy Area on Tower Parkway (outside of Swing Space)
- SSS Courtyard
- Becton Courtyard
- Old Campus
Click on the links below if interested in reserving the following outdoor spaces: